| AMARC Europe|
AMARC Europe is the membership organization serving the community radio movement across Europe. The political representation of this broadcasting sector is the driving principle of our initiatives and actions. A stronger network means more impact. With your AMARC membership fees you join over 300 community radio stations and federations in over 20 European countries and over 3.000 AMARC members worldwide with the aim to strengthen the community media sector in Europe and worldwide.
In November 2020 AMARC Europe will hold its General Assembly in Brussels/Belgium – detailed information coming soon. In the course of the General Assembly also all applications for new members will be discussed and approved. So, this is now the opportunity to become a full member with AMARC Europe.
We are also calling on our current members to update their membership details and fees and get in touch if there are any questions via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We remind you that all the community radios, radio federations or production groups can apply for the full membership. Single persons, researchers or any other radio activist can only apply for the “associated member” status. Please check our website to get more information at this regard.
In line with our statutes, radio stations should be “up to date” with the payment of membership fees in order to have the (active and passive) right to vote during the General Assembly. This means that if the membership fees were not payed in the previous years, we kindly ask you at this stage to update your subscription including the previous unpaid membership fee.
Why to become AMARC member? 10 Good reasons to do it.
- AMARC Europe is promoting networking, lobbying and advocacy activities for the European community radio sector with European Union, Council of Europe, UN institutions and the civil society and NGO sector
- AMARC Europe promotes and gives visibility to Good and Best-Practice examples within and beyond the community media sector
- AMARC Europe provides political support for community media e.g. regulation processes, consultations on community media et al
- AMARC Europe opens up for free its office, meeting rooms and infrastructure in Brussels for members e.g. for meetings or events
- AMARC Europe provides continue communication and information exchange on the community radio environment in Europe and beyond
- AMARC Europe is a multi-channel dissemination platform for information, needs and demands of its members and the community media movement
- AMARC Europe is regularly organizing events & meetings on relevant topics for the community media sector
- AMARC Europe provides diverse opportunities for common projects and activities with European and Non-European partners – participation in a worldwide movement
- AMARC Europe offers possibilities for volunteers e.g. EVS
- Purchase the .radio domain for 25€ per year instead of 300€
Together We Are Stronger!
| Community Media & Covid19|
How is your Community Media responding to Covid19? Send us your programs, workshops or resources on the topic
AMARC Europe is collecting Community Media Responses, Programs or Resources relevant in the current Covid19 situation
We see at the moment many examples of how community media provide trusted, regular, diverse and/or multilingual information on the Covid19 developments for, from and by their respective communities. The European community media sector also critically covers the current societal developments and restrictions we are facing in different parts of Europe.
Your community radio is broadcasting programs on the Covid19 situation in your town, neighbourhood or country? You offer multilingual prevention info for your local communities? You have developed a webinar or workshop formats to support the local communities to continue program production? Let us know and send us all the activities you are taking in the current situation.
AMARC Europe is collecting your actions, resources and programs and is sharing it on its website to enable common knowledge sharing and exchange. Please share this information via email@example.com and we will publish them as soon as possible.
| Team AMARC Europe Newsletter|
Coordination: Alexander Vojvoda
AMARC Europe is looking forward to your comments, critics, complaints, feedback and suggestions for the AMARC newsletter. Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org