[Cátedra UNESCO Medios Comunitarios]Diálogos globales sobre medios comunitarios en el mundo pospandémico
This is to invite you to participate in the first of theDiálogos globales sobre medios comunitarios en el mundo pospandémico sobreJunio 16 en 5.30 pm IS, with focus onthe Struggles in South Asia. This 90-minute dialogue will take the form of a panel discussion moderated byDr. Kanchan K. Malik (Profesor & Miembro de la facultad, Cátedra UNESCO de medios comunitarios), with the following as panellists:
- AHM Bazlur Rahman, BNNRC, Bangladesh
- Subas Kathiwada, ACORAB, Nepal
- N.A. Shah Ansari, CRA, India
- Suman Basnet, AMARC Asia-Pacific
This deliberation is the first of a series of onlineGlobal Dialogues that theCátedra UNESCO de medios comunitariosis organizing, en asociación conUNESCO Regional Office in New Delhi, with practitioners, community radio advocates, network representatives, and academics from South Asia, South and Latin America, África, Australia, the United Kingdom, Norteamérica, and continental Europe. Some of the key issues on which panelists will deliberate include:
- What roles can community media play in crisis situations, such as the current pandemic?
- What are the possibilities and constraints for community media in the post-pandemic world?
- What is the continued relevance of community media in the age of digitization and digital media?
- What are the experiences of movements and networks in negotiating with governments on opening up third-sector media?
- Does the state of civil society across the world give rise to optimism about the future of community media?
- Is there a need for reform/transformation within the community media sector to adapt itself to the post-pandemic world?
All the dialogues will be on Zoom and will be broadcast live on the Chair’s Facebook page. For those who miss the discussion live, a recording will be made available later. Here is the information to join the dialogue:
Zoom Meeting ID: 969 1936 6675 Password: chair@01