AMARC Europe part of SoundRoutes Project
AMARC Europe is part of the second phase of the SoundRoutes project. The SoundRoutes initiative provides an opportunity for international musicians, who emigrated to Europe to perform within local communities and in collaboration with local artists. Several musical concepts were designed with the objective of supporting their integration into the social and professional environment of the host community. The Creative Europe programme of the European Commission approved the second phase of the Soundroutes project that will go on until the end of 2020.
The second phase of the SoundRoutes project will foresee the following actions:
- 38 sessions of local co-creation’s incubators of transcultural music in Berlin, Bologna, Sevilla and Gent.
- Mobility program for 70 musicians (50 refugees/migrant and 20 European) in Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium and Greece
- 30 Masteclasses for musicians and workshops for youngsters held by refugees and migrant musicians.
- A SoundRoutes booking agency
- A Soundroutes online platform and web-portal
The project is co-ordinated by Brauerei Wissmannstraße e.V. – Werkstatt der Kulturen (Berlin/GER) and collaborates with Associazione Bologna in Musica (Bologna/ITA), Vzw De Vergunning (Gent/BEL), “Marmaduke S” (Sevilla/ESP) , AMARC Europe (Brussels/BEL) and Chios Music Festival (Chios/GRE).
For more information visit soundroutes.eu