Open online Course on International Standards on Freedom of Expression and the Safety of Journalists
UNESCO and the Bonavero Institute of Human Rights of the University of Oxford will soon be launching a global Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) for judicial actors, to promote international and regional standards on freedom of expression and the safety of journalists.
This free, five-week online course will run from the weeks of the 10 May until the 07 June 2021, with the possibility of completing the course until the 30 June 2021.
The 5 modules will cover:
- The General Principles and Scope of Freedom of Expression;
- Limitations on Freedom of Expression;
- The Right of Access to Information;
- The Safety of Journalists;
- Challenges created by the Digital World.
The course will be led by experts in the field of human rights and freedom of expression, and will include high-level guest speakers such as UN Special Rapporteurs, judges from regional human rights courts, prosecutors, and human rights lawyers.
At the end of the course, a certificate of completion will be issued for participants who have completed the modules.
- Register today*, by filling out the information on this registration form: https://bit.ly/30UAZfy
*Please note that registrations will be confirmed by the organizers, and that you will receive an email prior to the start of the MOOC to create your account and access the course.
- More information on the MOOC can be found here.