[UNESCO Chair Community Media]Global Dialogues on Community Media in the Post-Pandemic World
This is to invite you to participate in the first of the Global Dialogues on Community Media in the Post-Pandemic World on June 16 at 5.30 pm IST, with focus on the Struggles in South Asia. This 90-minute dialogue will take the form of a panel discussion moderated by Dr. Kanchan K. Malik (Professor & Faculty Fellow, UNESCO Chair on Community Media), with the following as panellists:
- AHM Bazlur Rahman, BNNRC, Bangladesh
- Subas Kathiwada, ACORAB, Nepal
- N.A. Shah Ansari, CRA, India
- Suman Basnet, AMARC Asia-Pacific
This deliberation is the first of a series of online Global Dialogues that the UNESCO Chair on Community Media is organizing, in partnership with UNESCO Regional Office in New Delhi, with practitioners, community radio advocates, network representatives, and academics from South Asia, South and Latin America, Africa, Australia, the United Kingdom, North America, and continental Europe. Some of the key issues on which panelists will deliberate include:
- What roles can community media play in crisis situations, such as the current pandemic?
- What are the possibilities and constraints for community media in the post-pandemic world?
- What is the continued relevance of community media in the age of digitization and digital media?
- What are the experiences of movements and networks in negotiating with governments on opening up third-sector media?
- Does the state of civil society across the world give rise to optimism about the future of community media?
- Is there a need for reform/transformation within the community media sector to adapt itself to the post-pandemic world?
All the dialogues will be on Zoom and will be broadcast live on the Chair’s Facebook page. For those who miss the discussion live, a recording will be made available later. Here is the information to join the dialogue:
Zoom Meeting ID: 969 1936 6675 Password: chair@01
Facebook – https://fb.me/UNESCOChairOnCommunityMedia/